Don't Leave Your Copyright Date Outdated!

When I scroll down to the bottom of the site and see that it is declaring date one, two or even more years before, my level of suspiciouness increase. Often companies like to declare their inovative style, good reputation, hardworking culture but all these descriptions becomes obsolete when it goes to so simple thing like copyright date. Is it so hard to renew your copyright date in January? In my opinion this is unforgivable mistake. I remember when I checked google and altavista only minutes after New Years day and guess what. Google was showing ©2007 and Altavista remained stucked in the 2006. I checked it some weeks later and it still shoved ©2006. I remember old days when Altavista was my primary search engine but it is slowly dying and going out from the SE competition.
I've made a little research about copyright dates by checking online stores. I've checked buy.com, amazon.com, ebay.com and 2 other stores from google search "buy gifts":
buygifts.com and seva.org. Here are the results: passed
passed
passed
passed
failed
failed
Solution You could automate copyright date by putting this simple Javascript code in your page:
The result will look like this:
and you will never have to worry about renewing your websites' copyright date.

No comments: