Firefox Doesn't Show LOCALHOST Files

Strange situation occurred after I've installed some firefox add-ons. I noticed that my localhost folder became inaccessible in Firefox. A blank page with no files or folders appeared. But IE7 showed localhost perfectly.

I skipped through Firefox settings and noticed that in connection section proxy settings were somehow mixed up. In the No Proxy for line a value "*.local" was written. This is incorrect it should be written localhost alone to work fine. So I deleted this line and changed it to localhost. After that everything worked perfect.

So if your Firefox browser suddently stopped showing localhost (127.0.0.1) content and you have proxy set up check firefox settings for proxy exceptions. Tools->Options->Advanced->Network->Settings No Proxy for localhost

firefox proxy settings

No comments: