Kaspersky IS6 Blocks Javascript

kaspesky internet security logo

Recently I've noticed on my old PC (with IE6) that Javascript doesn't work and wondered why. At first I checked IE6 and Firefox settings for enabling Javascript but everything seemed fine. Then I turned off my Kaspersky Internet Security 6 and everything worked correctly.

But this is no solution to turn off Kaspersky and be left without protection in order to use javascript.

At first make sure that Javascript is enabled in Internet Explorer

  • Select 'Tools' from the top menu
  • Choose 'Internet Options'
  • Click on the 'Security' tab
  • Click on 'Custom Level'
  • Scroll down until you see section labled 'Scripting'
  • Under 'Active Scripting', select 'Enable' and click OK

If this is done and Javascript still doesn't work it probably means that Kaspersky settings are blocking it. Go to Kaspersky Settings ->Protection ->Anti-Spy options and uncheck Enable Anti-Banner box. Refresh the page and see if javascript works.

kaspersky

kaspersky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about v.6, but I have v. 7 and it was actually Kaspersky's popup blocker. Why it was designed to not allow us to view things we deliberately click on to see is beyond me.

Ola said...

I guess it would be because you might click on something, like a link to another site when in fact it opens a banner or pop up that you didn't want.

Ola
http://www.cinchit.com.au

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to add that this also is the solution for 8.0. Very helpful - thank you!